Located in the heart of Poplar, Poplar Works is a home for east London’s fashion economy – a new space where people will come to work, learn, and gain skills.
Set to open in summer 2019, Poplar Works is new type of space that will co-locate workspace, manufacturing, and education facilities in a new flagship building in Poplar, as well as a network of satellite sites a few minutes’ walk away. With a combination of low cost studios, enterprise programmes and training facilities, we want to give start-up fashion designers, manufacturers, and makers the support they need to grow, whilst helping more east Londoners to find work in the fashion sector.
The product of a proud partnership between Poplar HARCA, The Trampery and London College of Fashion, UAL, Poplar Works is part of the Fashion District.
What is Poplar Works?
- Over 40 low-cost studios and workshops aimed at early stage fashion businesses in East London
- Manufacturing facilities supporting local women to gain employment opportunities and professional level qualifications in garment manufacturing
- Business support programmes for Poplar Works members and the wider public
- Training opportunities and paid internships for people who would like to start a career in the fashion sector
- London College of Fashion will run Fashion Business School activities on site
- An open-access café and events space, hosting a public programme of workshops and activities
This hasn’t been done before, and we can’t wait to see what happens. Studios are available to let from September 2019, visit www.poplarworks.co.uk or email email@example.com to find out more.