Poplar Works: A New Space For East London’s Fashion Economy
Located in the heart of Poplar, Poplar Works is a home for east London’s fashion economy – a new space where people will come to work, learn and gain skills.
Set to open in summer 2019, Poplar Works is a new type of space that will co-locate workspace, manufacturing, and education facilities in a new flagship building in Poplar, as well as a network of satellite sites a few minutes’ walk away.
With a combination of low cost studios, enterprise programmes and training facilities, we want to give start-up fashion designers, manufacturers and makers the support they need to grow, whilst helping more east Londoners to find work in the fashion sector.
- Over 40 low-cost studios and workshops aimed at early stage fashion businesses in East London
- Manufacturing facilities supporting local women to gain employment opportunities and professional level qualifications in garment manufacturing
- Business support programmes for Poplar Works members and the wider public
- Training opportunities and paid internships for people who would like to start a career in the fashion sector
- London College of Fashion will run Fashion Business School activities on site
- An open-access café and events space, hosting a public programme of workshops and activities